Saturday, April 2, 2011

You Color My World



You Color My World

This tutorial was written
by Sarah Fiack on
April 2, 2011
Any resemblance to another
tutorial is purely coincidental.
For this tutorial, I’m using
a tube by Suzanne Woolcott
You can purchase her tubes at her
website
At this time, the website is having problems but
should be resolved soon from the note on her website.

Supplies:
Tube of choice
Scrap of choice.
I’m using one by Cinnamon's Scraps
Called You Color My World
You can find it on her blog
Here

Open a 600x600 new image.
Open up your tube & scrap supplies.

Choose a house frame element.
Copy & paste onto the new image.
Now choose your fill tool.
Select a color of choice. I did a light
blue to resemble sky.

On the windows of the house layer,
fill with the color of choice.

Now open a cloud element.
Resize 80%
Paste on the bottom layer twice
on either side of the house.

Open a rainbow with clouds.
Resize 70% & paste at the top of the house.
Move this layer down to just under the house
layer in your layer palette.

Open a leaf branch.
Resize 70%
Paste on the right side of the house.

Open a butterfly of choice.
For the one I am using I mirrored it.
Resize 50%
Paste on the leaf branch.

Paste your main tube as a new layer.
Add a drop shadow to the tube.
2,2,50,5 black.

Open a standing flower element.
I used a heart flower.
Resize 50%
Paste on the left side of the house.
Duplicate once & move the copy to
either the left or the right of the original flower
just slightly.

Open a flower ribbon.
Resize 70%
Paste along the bottom of the house.
You want to arrange it so that it covers the stems
of the flowers & leaf branch.

Choose a wordart of choice.
Resize 70%
Paste as a new layer onto tag.
Arrange on the bottom half of the tag.
Add a drop shadow.

Merge layers visible & resize 88%
Add copyright info & name.

I used alphas from the scrapkit for my name.
I used my selection tool & drew it around each letter
one at a time.
I pasted each as a new layer & resized 70%.
Once I had all the letters I merged the letter layers together
& added a drop shadow.
Position as wanted.

Thanks for trying my tutorial.

No comments:

Post a Comment